December 19, 2009

2009 Rewind: Adam Lambert on Idol, Sexuality, True Blood and More!

We told you Adam Lambert was everywhere.

The singer has appeared on The View, So You Think You Can Dance and Chelsea Lately over the last week. That's what happens when you're one of the 10 most-searched for celebrities on Google in 2009.

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the wildly popular singer dishes on the year of his life. As the excerpts below depict, he looks back on American Idol, coming out of the closet and more...

On American Idol: "I honestly didn't feel like I would get that far on the show. I thought, I'm not as conventional as American Idol usually likes. I just didn't expect the judges and the audience to be as supportive as they were."

On announcing he's gay: "I'm very comfortable with my sexuality, and very, very open about it, and have always been out, since I was out of high school.. after the competition was over, and I had made my mark, so to speak, I felt like then it was appropriate to talk about my personal life."

Profile of a StarRelaxing Time

On an upcoming tour: "I think it's probably going to be springtime... I think it's not going to be a standard arena tour. We're going to do something a little different. My big goal is I want to create a show. I want to do something that's very visually dynamic, and is a little more interactive feeling than your typical arena tour."

On his favorite TV show: "I watched True Blood. I just love the tone of it. I really like what they're saying. In many ways, they're talking about our current civil rights issues, but under the guise of they're vampires. It's really sexy. The actors are fantastic. The storylines are captivating."

Sexy, fantastic and captivating? Lambert could be referring to himself with those descriptions.

permalink Permali

0 comments:

Post a Comment