December 20, 2009

Monica Danger Denies Breakdown, Admits to Depression

Most things associated with For the Love of Ray J are hilarious. Take the show's star, for instance (please!).

But the case of Monica Danger isn't really a laughing matter.

The season one finalist gave birth a few months ago, and then landed in psychiatric hold after she went all Britney and shaved her head.

In a new interview with VH1, Monica - known simply as "Danger" during her time trying to woo Ray J on TV - opened up about her issues...

On her postpartum depression: "People don’t know how serious of an illness postpartum depression is. I’ve had a very rough life. People don’t understand that when you come from a tough past, and you have a child and you have postpartum depression, a lot hits you at once. You always want a better life for your child than what you had."

On reports of a breakdown: "People think there was a big thing where I was violent and angry, but that didn’t happen. I was very depressed. I was crying and very sad. I have no support. I have no family support. I have no financial support. I’ve never felt loved."

Monica Danger Pic

On her hospital stay: "It started off extremely bad. I don’t like to be imprisoned. I was born free, I’m going to die free... I knew the only way I was going to get out was if I controlled my anger. I escaped twice and was on the run. They had to find me. When I finally came back, I just knew that if I ever wanted to see my daughter again, I had to control my anger."

On getting better: "I just have to talk to God. I wrote letters to my daughter, and I couldn’t talk to any of my family. My child’s father called with his father, and told me that he loved me and wanted to get better. That helped me a lot. Positive people in my life that aren’t related to me were showing me that I was loved."

On... we're not sure what: "I’ll always be Danger. She’s part of me. She’s my creation. Since I was 19, I’ve been that person. But I have control. I can control who I am. I’ve playing Danger for a long time. And I’m tired of playing Danger."

0 comments:

Post a Comment