January 27, 2010

Denise Richards Makes Charlie Sheen Situation About Herself

Denise Richards took time away from alerting the paparazzi to her and her children's whereabouts to sit down with Oprah Winfrey this week.

The F-list actress was asked about ex-husband Charlie Sheen and his recent run-in with the law. Does Richards feel sorry for Brooke Mueller? Does she worry about Charlie's kids? Maybe.

But one of her first replies was to bring everything back to herself: "Perhaps people can understand what I went through," she said.

Richards said Sheen never got physical with her during their tumultuous marriage, but there were "a lot of verbal arguments that got heated that scared me" and led to a restraining order.

Denise and Daughters

"I was in a very dark place," she told Winfrey of the end of her relationship with Sheen. "Especially when I filed the restraining order, I was humiliated. I was scared. I was embarrassed."

To Richards' credit, she worked with a mediator to arrive at "a great place" with her ex. She says she trusts him with their daughters.

As for Oprah, if she keeps having guests of this nature on her show, she may lose her status as America's favorite TV personality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment