January 4, 2010

Jake Pavelka Previews The Bachelor Premiere

He may have been rejected by Jillian Harris, but Jake Pavelka was really angling to be The Bachelor the whole time is ready to soar on his new quest for love.

The Bachelor: On The Wings Of Love premieres tonight, and will feature the commercial pilot as he narrows down his search from 25 women to one final lady.

Below are excerpts from an interview Jake gave with TV Guide previewing the new season, being Mr. Perfect, his rules for dating, and the mile high club ...

TV Guide: What did you bring from The Bachelorette to The Bachelor?

Jake Pavelka: When you're on The Bachelorette, everything slows down to a good pace. You start becoming really aware of how what you say affects people and it makes you a lot better at dating and in relationships.

TV Guide: Are you a bit skeptical of the process?

Jake Pavelka: I didn't go in pushing. The show does have a bit of a rough history, with people breaking up or changing their minds, and that's OK. I tried to be very honest no matter how painful it was and I just remained open-minded.

TV Guide: So then it's safe to assume you were in the moment?

Jake Pavelka: The Bachelor

Jake Pavelka: My answer to that is I'm going to go on there to be myself. A lot of the dates and different activities we got to do on The Bachelor were geared around what I would do in my normal life - what dates scream Jake.

[THG NOTE: Does that include girl-on-girl action?]

TV Guide: Last season, some of your fellow contestants (and Jillian Harris herself) thought you were a bit too perfect. How do you respond to that?

Jake Pavelka: I don't know what it is that make Ed and Jillian say that I was too perfect. Something that I see in the dating world these days is a bit of a lack of chivalry. It's gotten so bad that women almost don't expect it anymore.

TV Guide: Do you have dating rules you to like to follow?

Jake Pavelka: After an unbelievable date, if I want to call her the next morning, I'm just going to call. If that turns her off, "he's smothering me, it's too much too quick," then that's OK; we're probably on two different pages.

TV Guide: We have to ask: Have you joined the mile-high club?

Jake Pavelka: [Laughs] I am not a member of the mile-high club, but I'll leave you with this: I aspire to be ... no I don't aspire to be, I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment