January 28, 2010

Katy Perry to Become Full-Time American Idol Judge?

Aside from Andrew Garcia, American Idol fans weren't treated to incredible performances last night, as only 22 contestants received a ticket to Hollywood.

But they were treated to a couple tense exchanges between guest judge Katy Perry and Kara DioGuardi, as the former made herself right at home on the panel.

After Kara talked up the personal story of Chris Golightly, for example, Perry shot back: "This is not a Lifetime movie, sweetheart."

Then, when Kara began singing "I Kissed a Girl," Perry responded: "Please stop before I throw my Coke in your face!"

It was great, entertaining stuff - which made us excited to hear that Katy would actually consider the gig full-time. She told MTV today:

"The American Idol experience was awesome. If I was offered that job as a permanent host, I would ditch my career and take on that career."

Katy Perry on Idol

She continued: "It's kind of like judging a talent show. American Idol was great fun. It was so easy. I didn't really make anybody cry, but I did tell the truth to some kids that might have needed to hear it."

Of course, Perry knows the hard part is yet to come. She didn't have to make any difficult cuts during Hollywood Week and beyond.

"I guess the pressure gets really on when you start eliminating the number of people that are going through," she said. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, and then you've got the final two. That can be kind of tense and stressful."

0 comments:

Post a Comment