January 29, 2010

Samantha Harris: Leaving Dancing with the Stars


Samantha Harris is exiting the ballroom.

The Dancing With the Stars co-host has announced her resignation from the show. She won't return for the its tenth season, which kicks off on March 22.

“[Dancing with the Stars] could not have been more of a dream job,” she said. “I loved every single second of it and I’ve made lifelong friends at the show.”

Samantha Harris Pic

So, why is she leaving? Harris majored in journalism at Northwestern University (go Wildcats!) and wants to focus on other projects, such as her correspondent duties at The Insider.

“I interned at Entertainment Tonight 15 years ago, the summer after my sophomore year at Northwestern and I dreamed of working in the same space as hosts Mary Hart and Mark Steines and now I’m living that dream,” Harris said.

Who do you think should replace Harris on the show? We hear Paula Abdul is available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment