July 14, 2010

Bristol Palin: Engaged to Levi Johnston!

Having recently rekindled their romance, Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are now engaged - and not just to bolster her mom's poll numbers this time!

"We got engaged two weeks ago," the daughter of Sarah Palin tells Us Weekly. "It felt right, even though we don’t have the approval of our parents."

Bristol Palin is 19 and Levi Johnston is 20. They famously called off their previous engagement weeks after welcoming son Tripp in December 2008.

After an icy period of estrangement, nasty accusations and PR wars, they reconnected a few months ago while working out custody plans for their son.

"I really thought we were over," Levi said. "So when I went, I had no hope. I think we both just started talking, and then we took Tripp for a walk."

Bristol Palin, Levi Johnston and TrippBristol and Levi

Bristol and Levi now and during their previous fake engagement.

She says when Levi Johnston left that night, "we didn’t hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: 'I miss you. I love you.'"

"'I want to be with you again' ... I was in shock."

The two got back together in June, officially.

But perhaps the most amazing part, if you don't believe this is being embellished to sell magazines of course, is that the former Republican Vice Presidential nominee has been kept in the dark about the youngsters' plans ... until now!

Says Bristol: "It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board." But will she?

Sarah and Todd Palin said in a statement: "Bristol at 19 is now a young adult. We obviously want what's best for our children. Bristol believes in redemption and forgiveness to a degree most of us struggle to put in practice in our lives."

Sounds like a thumbs-up to us ... or not? Either way, congratulations to the young couple. We're happy for them ... but still, we gotta ask ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment