July 21, 2010

Taylor Swift Announces New Album Title, Release Date

Following an incredible 2009, Taylor Swift took some time off.

But the singer is ready to take the music world by storm again, and has announced details for her upcoming album:

  • It will be titled "Speak Now."
  • It will be released on October 25.

Why that title? Swift answer the question in a live Web chat today, telling fans it “pertains to the album as a concept, and as an entire theme of the record, more than I can even tell you.”

A THG Favorite

Taylor added that she's been penning singles for the album since "Fearless" came out in 2008.

She said. “Thankfully, in the past two years I’ve experienced a lot of things that I’ve been dying to write about. A lot of things that I’ve wanted to say in the moment that I didn’t... Track by track, each song is a different confession to a different person.”

The first song off the CD will hit the radio in mid-August. Titled "Mine," Swift says it's about “my tendency to run from love. It’s a recent tendency. Every example of love in my life has ended in goodbye. The song is about finding the exception to that.”

We're just sad that exception didn't include Taylor Lautner.

** In other upcoming album news, David Archuleta has already revealed the released date for his next CD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment