November 23, 2010

Jessica Simpson Recalls Eric Johnson Proposal

Tears of joy. They flowed from the face of Jessica Simpson after Eric Johnson, her boyfriend of less than six months, proposed to her November 11.

Opening up about her recent engagement during a Monday appearance on The Early Show, Simpson called Johnson's proposal "a total surprise."

"I had to sit on his knee; I was too shocked to really get what was happening."

My EverythingMr. Jessica Simpson

Eric Johnson will soon become Mr. Jessica Simpson.

What was her reaction when Johnson, a Yale graduate and former NFL tight end, presented her with a ruby, diamond and gold Neil Lane sparkler?

"I first said 'Yes!'" Simpson told Harry Smith, giggling. "I didn't even try the ring on for 5 minutes," she adds. "I just sat there and cried with him."

Guess she didn't pay for it herself then.

She says she loves that Johnson went the unconventional route with her new sparkler, choosing the ruby, her birthstone, to make it stand out.

"I've already done the traditional thing," she sniffed of her ring from first husband Nick Lachey, who's also newly engaged to Vanessa Minnillo.

"I wanted to do something that was different."

She says Eric "had a plan a long time ago" to propose. "He had a [sit-down] with my mom and dad about it... He was a gentleman about it."

Eric is "the best man in my life... He is really thoughtful. Keeps me very centered. [He always] makes me feel like my feet are on the ground.'"

"He's the most special part of my life and my day."

All together now ... AWWW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment