January 1, 2010

Chris Harrison: Jake Pavelka a "Serious" Bachelor

Jake Pavelka is the "most serious" star The Bachelor has ever had in its 14 seasons, according to the show's venerable host-pimp, Chris Harrison.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Chris talked about the new season kicking off Monday. He said that Jake was totally blown away the first night.

"[Jake] looked at me the first night and said 'my wife is in this room," Chris recalled, noting that Jake Pavelka was "determined" to find someone.

As opposed to most people who star on The Bachelor.

Chris says this season, unlike past seasons, will feature craziness on an emotional and psychological level, rather than a "let's get naked" level.

Zzz. Although the contestant who cheats on Jake with a crew member sounds like it could provide some traditional, not-at-all-staged drama.

Chris Harrison Interview

Chris Harrison calls The Bachelor an "amazing study in human behavior."

Of his role as the show's MC, his job is to keep the peace, as well as to say "ladies ... the final rose tonight." But Harrison says it runs deeper than that.

"I think I’m exponentially better qualified than Dr. Phil will ever be. And I’m about half as full of $h!t as he is. I could easily host a relationship show."

We would totally watch, who are we kidding? He's already a confidant for strangers: “Because people see me on this show, they tell me things,” he says.

“I’ll be at a bar, and people just open up to me. I know what people’s husbands like in sex, the size of their ... They just tell me anything and everything."

For more from Chris, follow the link to check out EW's interview.

0 comments:

Post a Comment