January 1, 2010

Susan Boyle Dishes on Her "Cinderella Story"

As the world gets ready to turn the page on 2009, one woman is likely hesitant to welcome in a new year: Susan Boyle.

The Scottish singer burst onto the celebrity map like no one in recent memory over the last few months, finishing second on Britain's Got Talent and then incredibly becoming the highest-selling artist of the year.

In a new interview, Boyle takes a look back, as well a look forward. Might the latter include a boyfriend? She seems to hope so...

On the world's fascination with her: A woman who went on Britain’s Got Talent with mad hair, bushy eyebrows and the frock I was wearing had to be noticed. Come on! I know it’s a cliché, but it’s a bit of a Cinderella story.

On her stay in a mental health facility: After the finale, I went there with extreme exhaustion. I’ve never felt so tired, but I look back on it now and it was a necessity. I wanted to get a break, without all the cameras.

On her dreams: I dream about security, about one day finding the right person and continuing to make people happy with my music. My advice to those who dare to dream is don’t give up. If I can do it, anyone else can.

Christmas MiracleSnowball Attack!

If Susan Boyle threw one snowball for every album she sold in 2009, she'd likely freeze to death.

0 comments:

Post a Comment