February 16, 2010

Jay-Z on "We Are the World" Remake: Bad Idea!

When Jay-Z speaks, people listen. That's the kind of respect this artist and producer has earned.

That's why his critique of the recently-remade version of "We Are the World" is receiving so much attention, as the rapper told MTV News over the weekend:

"I know everybody is gonna take this wrong: 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched."

The man makes a good point. No offense to Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber (okay, some offense to the former), but the iconic single loses a lot of luster when such young musicians are taking the place of Jackson, Bob Dylan and other luminaries.

Jay-Z Picture

"I'm a fan of music. I know the plight and everything that's going on in Haiti. I applaud the efforts," Jay-Z added. "But... some things are just untouchable... I think it's time for us to make a new [song]."

Do you agree with Jay-Z? Listen to the remake NOW and then vote below: What do you think of it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment