March 5, 2010

Caddy Steve Williams Tees Off on Tiger Woods

A lot of people were privy to Tiger Woods' sordid double life, helping the world's top golfer arrange and conceal a string of affairs with at least a dozen mistresses.

His caddy, Steve Williams, was not one of those people.

The New Zealander, who has been on the bag for Tiger since 1999, is ticked, saying he was totally in the dark, and would have blown the whistle had he known.

"I knew nothing. That's my answer," Williams said in an interview with New Zealand's TV3. "Nothing. Don't need to clarify, extend my answer, I knew nothing."

The scandal has "been the most difficult time of my life, because every single person believed I should know, that I did know or had something to do with it."

Tiger Woods, Steve Williams

Tiger Woods can add his caddy to those seeking an apology.

Williams said that while he doesn't feel personally slighted by the golfer's extramarital affairs, he is nevertheless "disappointed that he's let his family down."

"I mean, I'm close with [Elin Woods] and he's got two lovely children and he's let them down, I'm not mad at him towards me ... I stand by Tiger as a friend."

"I don't talk to him about what's happened. I talk to him about the future and what we are going to try and accomplish and how we're gonna get over it."

"Obviously, at some point in time, I'll have a conversation with him, but right now is not that point in time," Williams said. "I'm fully supportive of him and I'd like to see him get back on the PGA tour - so that's my role right now."

Tiger is still trying to get Elin to move back home with him.

Follow the jump for a clip of Steve Williams' comments ...


Teeing Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment