No one has heard hide nor hare out of The Purple One in a couple of years, but today this quote popped up from Prince and it made me smile. Yeah, he’s pretty much dissing my livelihood but you gotta admit he’s always been ahead of his time. At least he was 200-odd years ago.

“The internet’s completely over. I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it. The internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated.

Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”

Prince is probably one of the few celebrities people in the world who don’t know how to check his own email.What does he want his fans to do? If he won’t sell his music through iTunes or some online outlet does he still want his fans toting around bulky CD’s?