July 7, 2010

Father Doesn't Think Jail Will Help Lindsay Lohan Solve Her Problems

Father Doesn't Think Jail Will Help Lindsay Lohan Solve Her  Problems
Michael Lohan admits that he believes her daughter's 90 days in jail sentence is completely wrong, saying 'Any kind of jail is harsh especially for a young lady like Lindsay that doesn't need jail.'
Michael Lohan doesn't think jail will help estranged daughter Lindsay Lohan overcome her problems. The troubled actress was sentenced to 90 days in prison on Tuesday, July 7, for violating her probation for a driving under the influence (DUI) arrest in 2007 but Michael thinks it's the wrong course of action for her.

"I feel dismay, but at the same time a little satisfaction that she's going to rehab. But the last thing in the world I wanted was for my daughter to go to jail... ," Michael, who claims Lindsay has an addiction to prescription drugs, told "Larry King Live". "Any kind of jail is harsh especially for a young lady like Lindsay that doesn't need jail. I've been there myself and I know that jail didn't do anything for me with my addictions. It was taking drug programs seriously."

His lawyer Lisa Bloom added, "I don't see the benefit of sending addicts to jail when they haven't hurt anyone. Lindsay's only been hurting herself."

Lindsay, 24, was ordered to surrender to authorities on July 20 to begin serving the term and Judge Marsha Revel also said she would be required to enter an in-patient rehabilitation program after her release from prison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment