August 7, 2010

Snooki Reflects on Arrest, Vows to Calm Down

Having reflected upon her recent arrest for public drunkenness, Jersey Shore star Nicole Polizzi, a.k.a. Snooki, is downplaying it, but is still taking it seriously.

Her father's reaction to Snooki getting arrested has caused her to dial back her alcohol consumption. We don't believe that for one second, but here's hoping!

"I didn't hurt anybody – stuff like that happens in Jersey," she said. "I was in the drunk tank for a little bit, I had too many tequilas. What are you gonna do?"

Indeed.

Later in an interview with People, she expressed a bit of remorse: "My dad was very, very pissed," she revealed. "He's like, 'I didn't raise you like this.'"

"I just felt really bad, so I'm definitely going to stop drinking during the daytime. And now when I go out, I'm only going to have a couple drinks."

Snooki Smokes

Snooki: A model citizen, making Poughkeepsie, N.Y., so proud.

She admitted she'd been drinking since about noon the day she passed out drunk, saying "It was a good wakeup call for me. I learned that I need to calm down with drinking. It definitely embarrassed my family and that's just not good."

We can't imagine this was the first time (this week's episode or virtually any Jersey Shore quote would have that effect), but that's beside the point.

Snooki also revealed that she doesn't really remember most of her arrest experience, and is nervous about her court appearance set for August 18.

"I'm scared to go because I feel like a criminal," she said. "I'm not a criminal. It's just a drunken mistake. Obviously I like to party. I like to have a good time but may be overdoing it a little. So right now I'm just watching myself."

"When I see 7-year-olds, they're like, 'Oh, I envy you.' I'm like, 'Why? You're seeing me party,'" she said. "'That's not something you should envy.'"

Seven-year-olds watch Jersey Shore? So troubling on so many levels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment