August 13, 2010

Teri Hatcher Twitter Pics: Botox, Schmotox!

Teri Hatcher has taken to Twitter to make a point about aging, natural beauty and plastic surgery.

The Desperate Housewives star posed in nothing but a towel this week and snapped a few close-ups of her face.

Tweeted the actress: Out of the bath getting ready for bed. Thought about all those damn critics of my face. Love it or hate it, my face that is, no surgery, no implants, no matter what "they" say. Decided I'd shoot myself in to reveal some truths about "beauty" and hope it makes you all easier on yourself.

Yes I am alone in my bathroom naked in a towel on behalf of women everywhere trying to make a point. Women YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

Are you taking notes, Kardashian sisters? This is a much healthier message to send than constant talk about weight loss and bikini bodies...

Botox Free

Teri Hatcher Pics

** UPDATE: After posting these photos, Hatcher went on Entertainment Tonightand pretty much backtracked off her message. She said:

"It's not about Botox to me... I don't have any judgement about doing Botox... I've done Botox, I may do it again - I don't know. It's not the point.

"There has to be a different sort of baseline of how we're accepting beauty. I wanted women in America, not in Hollywood, to know that so much of the manipulation of going from the real Teri Hatcher to the Teri Hatcher that's on an advertising poster or an endorsement - that a lot of that happens through lighting."

So... the point is that celebrities undergo a lot of styling and make-up, combined with professional lighting, before going on TV or on commercials? Wow. Stop the presses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment