October 8, 2010

David Archuleta on Possible Spanish Album, Lack of Love Life and More!

David Archuleta fans should not even be reading this right now. They should have their eyes closed, taking in the songs on the singer's just-released album.

But you're forgiven if you've taken a break, especially if you're using it to read more about this young, adorable singer. He spoke to The Los Angeles Times this week on a number of topics and we've posted excerpts below...

Archie Signature

On the inspiration behind the CD: I wanted people to get my perspective of this stage of my life. It’s about moving forward and keeping a positive attitude. I’ve gotten a lot better at expressing myself. Before if people asked me questions, I’d say, “um, I don’t know.” I didn’t know what to say. Music is an escape route for me that allowed me to say how I felt.

Will he ever released a Spanish-lanugage album? That is something that I would love to do. I mentioned it to my label and they’re excited about it. Half of my family is Hispanic. I want to show them my gratitude. I don’t speak as much Spanish as I would like to. I still talk to my grandpa in Spanish. I want to immerse myself in that culture. One of the first songs I ever learned was a Selena song called “Como La Flor.”

Is he dating anyone? Not right now. It's funny because I tried to stay away from romantic relationship songs because I’m not in a relationship. I wanted to have the perspective of someone that is single. One of the songs is about wondering who that special person is. It’s called “My Kind of Perfect.”

Her that, gals? Archie is available!

0 comments:

Post a Comment