October 10, 2010

Lee DeWyze Previews Debut Single, Album

It will have been six months since American Idol ended when Lee DeWyze releases his debut CD, but the season nine champion can't for the world to hear it.

"Putting out an album on a major label is truly a dream come true," DeWyze says. "I'm excited for all the people who supported me throughout Idol to hear what I can do with my own songs. The album shows a whole different side of me and I'm so proud of it."

Live It Up Art

The first single, "Live It Up," will debut on Ryan Seacrest's radio show next Wednesday, followed, Lee hopes, by countless air plays around the nation.

DeWyze says he is influenced by Simon and Garfunkel, Cat Stevens and the Mamas and the Papas, adding: "I love hard-edged vocals over pretty melodies - that's what I'm about. I really admire guys like Dave Matthews and Ray LaMontagne, and to now be on the same record label as them - it just blows my mind."

0 comments:

Post a Comment