October 27, 2010

T.I. Drug Arrest Thrown Out By D.A.

The L.A. County D.A. has tossed the drug case stemming from T.I.'s arrest last month - the one that earned him an 11-month jail stint for violating probation.

What's unclear is whether T.I. being sent to jail anyway due to the probation violation made prosecuting him a moot point, or if there were other issues.

T.I. and Tiny, his wife, were busted on September 1 for possession of a controlled substance. Ecstasy was reportedly found in their car, and possibly sizzurp.

Clifford Harris

T.I. has a reason to smile, but it won't keep him out of jail.

The D.A.'s office says it's not going forward with charges because, in essence, he'll already be locked up, since the arrest was a violation of his federal probation.

However, there may have been legal problems over probable cause which led to T.I.'s arrest. For one, cops claimed they smelled marijuana in the rapper's car.

No pot was ever booked into evidence, however.

Additionally, T.I. and Tiny were pulled out of his ride immediately after he made the illegal U-turn and prior to any registration check. It's all very suspicious.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he can reverse the probation violation based on these developments, but at least he won't be prosecuted any further.

0 comments:

Post a Comment