December 31, 2009

Taylor Momsen: Don't Call Me Lindsay Lohan!

All Taylor Momsen wants to be taken seriously. And a music career. And to be treated like she's not 16. And not to be compared to Lindsay Lohan.

Although the 16-year-old Gossip Girl cast member has an edgy, beyond-her-years look, she resents any comparisons to another former child star.

"I get such a bad rap for being like Lindsay Lohan," Momsen says in the February issue of Seventeen, denying that she has train wreck qualities.

"I hate naming names because she's really sweet, but I don't go out. I have no desire to be some party girl. I'm a loner. I always have been."

But the actress, who made her big Hollywood debut in 2000's How the Grinch Stole Christmas, does embrace her reputation as an "angsty" teen.

16 Going on 17

"I'll be angsty until I'm 80 years old," she says. "I think it keeps things fresh. But I think that angst is such a derogatory word toward teenagers."

"It just means you're figuring sh!t out."

In addition to acting, Taylor fronts the punk-rock band The Pretty Reckless. She complains that "people don't take me seriously" because of her age.

She's different than people her age, she insists.

"[People] think most 16-year-olds don't know what they want to do. But I actually really do, because I've been thinking about [music] since I was 2."

Don't worry, Taylor. Soon you'll be 17 ... and you can then be compared to another 17-year-old who knows just what she wants: Miley Cyrus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment