March 15, 2010

Jake Gyllenhaal and Matt Damon Were Considered for ‘Avatar’

“Avatar’s” director James Cameron confessed recently that he had briefly considered both Jake Gyllenhaal and Matt Damon for the starring role in the highly successful movie but they both turned it down.

But James also admits he didn’t really try too hard to convince either of them. And he only approached them to make the studio happy. “I don’t think they ever had a problem with the CG. Honestly, did I go out and try to woo them? No. I had my heart set on Sam. Maybe they sensed my lack of 100 percent commitment from me. Maybe it was the subject matter. This was a big Star Wars-type movie. They’re both serious actors’, said James.

So instead, as we all now know, the role went to Sam Worthington, who James admits, was always his first choice. When he got the role, Sam was living in his car while struggling to become an actor.

Lucky Sam is probably going to go on to become a huge movie star. Good for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment