March 9, 2010

Shannen Doherty’s Touching Reason For Joining ‘DTWS”

Of all of the bitchy sides we know of Shannen Doherty, we’re finding out she actually has a nice one. As you may have heard Shannen has agreed to do “Dancing With the Stars”, but what you may not know is the reason why she’s doing it. She was inspired by her father, who suffered a stroke last Christmas.

Shannon tells us, “He lost his speech, he wasn’t mobile. He was really struggling, and still is. When I mentioned this to him, he got really excited, and he wanted me to do it. I thought, if my dad can fight through having a stroke and the loss of being able to communicate, I think I can do this for him. So I figured I’m going to get over my fear for him. I’m going to get in great shape, and everyone who I know who’s been on the show has had a great time. It’s with hesitation and fear, but it’s going to be good to conquer a fear.”
Apparently Shannon has a fear of large audiences, so this is going to be quite a challenge she attempts to overcome, and she’s doing it for her father.
Nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment