June 29, 2010

Jennifer Capriati Rushed to Hospital, Recovering from Suspected Overdose

Former tennis star Jennifer Capriati was rushed to a Florida hospital yesterday, following a suspected drug overdose.

According to TMZ, Capriati - who made her professional debut at the age of 13 and won three Grand Slam titles - was taken away by paramedics who responded to a call from a hotel in Riviera Beach.

Her family says Jennifer is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians."

Jennifer Capriati Picture

Capriati was arrested for marijuana possession in 1994 and spent time in rehab before a return to tennis a couple years later. in July 2007, she left the game again and admitted to depression, saying:

"When I stopped playing, that's when all this came crumbling down. 'If I don't have [tennis], who am I? What am I? I was just alive because of this. I've had to ask, 'Well, who is Jennifer? What if this is gone now?' I can't live off of this the rest of my life.'"

We hope she finds the answers and makes a full recovery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment