June 17, 2010

THG Speaks to Playboy Cover Girl Natasha Alam!

On the season premiere of True Blood, female viewers may have been focused on Alexander Skarsgard's bare backside, as his character exhibited the kind of long-lasting sexual prowess human beings merely dream about.

But men may have rewinded that scene in the basement of Fangtasia to focus on the naked woman Eric Northman was giving it to. Her name is Natasha Alam, she'll appear in at least four more True Blood episode as Yvetta - and she's featured in the latest issue of Playboy.

THG was fortunate to speak to the actress this week and our Q&A with her is posted below...

How did the opportunity to pose for Playboy come about?
I never imagined that I’d one day be a Playboy cover girl. The magazine is so legendary, so when my publicist approached me about the opportunity I said, "HELL YES!!!"

Did you always have an interest in the magazine? Any memorable past spreads inspire you?
Before my acting career started to bloom, I modeled in my friend Matthew Settle’s editorial story for Playboy, which was dedicated to Howard Hughes. I had so much fun shooting for that story that I was inspired to be in Playboy.

Were you nervous to pose nude?
When I found out who the photographer was (Steven Baillie), and who the stylist and hair/make up team were, all of my worries disappeared. I had a fantastic team and knew I’d be in good hands with them!

Natasha Alam Picture

How did the role on True Blood come about?
I'd been auditioning for True Blood since the pilot aired, but never landed any roles. I almost gave up on getting on this show. However, my audition for Yvetta was excellent and I felt really confident about the way I portrayed the character, but I still didn't think that I would actually book it, so when I finally got the news I was ecstatic.

On the season three premiere, Eric had sex with your character for six hours? What's the longest you've ever gone with a man?
Oh boy! I've never really counted it. When you are at it, time just stops, and when you’re done... oops, the whole night has passed!

Are you on Team Eric or Team Bill?
That's a tough choice, but I'm kind of leaning towards Team Bill a little more.

Were you a fan of True Blood before landing this role?
I loved the show right from the pilot, but, unfortunately, I couldn't watch it all the time because I became a mom in 2009, so I don't have as much time now!

Any other gigs or roles coming up?
I'm in negotiations for a couple of action films since I've been studying with Whu Shu for a while. One is a thriller and the other is a dark comedy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment