October 28, 2010

Jessica Simpson: So Inspired By Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson is just too good to be true.

That's Jessica Simpson's take on her former NFL player beau. "I've never really been in such a healthy relationship. I'm like, 'Something's going to go wrong. Is he going to trip me or something?'" the alleged singer said Tuesday.

Eric Johnson PhotographBeautiful JS

Eric Johnson used to play for the 49ers. Now he plays with Jessica Simpson.

"I'm waiting for something bad to happen," she said during a panel discussion at Maria Shriver's Women's Conference in Long Beach, Calif., on Tuesday., "but then I have realized that I actually do deserve an understanding relationship."

Simpson, who refers to her boyfriend of six months "a hottie," said that Eric Johnson "has been a true inspiration. He really knows himself."

The same can be said of Jess ... in a manner of speaking.

More than four years since her divorce from Nick Lachey in 2006, she's not only found love with Eric, but also a new level of hard-fought confidence.

She can thank little sister Ashlee Simpson-Wentz for that.

"My sister and I, through my divorce, became so much closer than we'd ever been growing up," Simpson said during yesterday's panel discussion.

"She would always give me music to get me through."

The sisters often cranked up the Sister Act soundtrack and Lauryn Hill's "His Eyes on a Sparrow" as well as Patty Griffin's "Let Him Fly", Simpson said.

"'Fly' is about that moment where you learn to fly and live on your own and that's what I was doing through my divorce, learning to live on my own."

While Jess cherishes being an aunt to Ashlee's son, Bronx, she said, "I always thought I would have children before her since I was married first."

But Simpson has taken away life lessons from hard times.

"Another thing that can strip you of your self-esteem is a divorce and you have to start over and find out who you are all over again," she said.

"I was on a little bit of a detour but I finally went back on the path that I was supposed to be on," she said, "I grew from that experience and it made me a better lover, and hopefully a better wife one day and an incredible mother someday."

Eric Johnson, you're on notice man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment