December 17, 2009

Erin Andrews Wants Maximum Sentence For Stalker

Erin Andrews faced her stalker in court for the first time yesterday.

Not surprisingly, she pleaded with a judge to show no mercy to peephole perv Michael David Barrett, who she broke into tears when she first saw.

Minutes later, the Illinois insurance executive stood before a federal judge and admitted he hunted Andrews down at hotels in three different cities.

While he never encountered her, Barrett said he filmed videos of Erin Andrews nude through her hotel rooms' peepholes and posting them online.

"I am a victim of this sexual predator. I would like to see him immediately put in prison for as long as possible," the ESPN reporter told the court.

"I have nightmares. I walk in crowds and I see him in my peripheral vision. When I'm alone in my house, I have fears he's going to come in and hurt me."

Erin Andrews and Attorney

Erin Andrews with her attorney outside the courtroom yesterday.

"I don't know [Michael David Barrett]. I've never met him. I don't know why he chose me. But I hope he never sees the light of day again."

The stalker faces up to five years in prison when he's sentenced on February 22. His plea agreement recommends about two years.

Andrews wants the maximum.

"My career has been ripped apart, something I've worked very hard for," she told Judge Manuel Real. "I am subjected to crude comments, suggestions that I have partnered in this crime. I walk into stadiums, and fans say obscene things to me."

Barrett avoided eye contact with Andrews and pleaded guilty to one felony count of stalking. Hopefully Erin gets what she (and society) wants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment