December 17, 2009

Whitney Port Speaks on Whitney Eve Fashion Line

Whitney Eve, a new fashion line from Whitney Port of The City fame, hits boutiques January 30 and features everything from sharply tailored blazers and breezy rainbow-hued blouses to glittery cocktail dresses with sky-high hemlines.

Here's what Whitney told Women's Wear Daily about her line ...

WWD: How does New York differ from L.A. in terms of fashion?

Whitney Port: I think New York fashion is a lot more sophisticated, more forward-thinking. People are more willing to take chances here. People take more pride in clothing they wear and obviously they have to dress for the elements.

WWD: Do you ever see yourself venturing into accessories?

Whitney Port: I would it but I don't know how talented I'd be.

Whitney Eve PhotoWhitney Eve Pic

Whitney Eve with Love: Port is ready for her big break.

WWD: You're at People's Revolution five days a week, as we see on The City. How do you have time to work on your own fashion line?

Whitney Port: Actually, I'm in and out of there. I have a design space in there and then I also have my apartment. Kelly [Cutrone] told me, 'This is your passion project, so you do whatever you have to do to get this done'. This is my first priority.

WWD: Other Hills veterans haven't had as much fashion success as they'd hoped. Heidi Montag's line closed quickly after and Lauren Conrad decided to bring hers to Kohl's after not weathering well in the high-end market. Does that concern you?

Whitney Port: I put myself in a different sort of realm as them. Obviously, it's scary. I think it's really hard to break out right now since the fashion industry is struggling. I mean, people don't want to spend their money on clothes right now.

You're always worried about people not understanding your point of view, not being able to get it. But I think my biggest competition is myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment