March 10, 2010

The Queen Offers Jada Pinkett-Smith a Shoulder to Cry On

A good Queen is always there for her peeps. And Queen Latifah is no exception.

Jada Pinkett-Smith considers Queen Latifah a very good friend of hers. The two women attended a recent event called the “Power Award” at the third annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood luncheon. Jada was being honored and as she was receiving her award and making her speech she became chocked up over the recent death of her father who suffered a heart attack. “My father died last week, and I’m flying tomorrow to bury him,” said Jada. “But I wanted to come because when those types of losses happen a lot of things get illuminated and your priorities fall in line.”

Through teary eyes Jada also said, “When I think about Latifah I think about a woman who makes me feel loved. She can sit in the throne of my soul and just be there with me. She makes me laugh.” Soon Jada became too chocked up to even finish her speech and found herself standing by herself on stage with everyone’s eyes on her until her good friend Queen Latifah came up and just stood beside her. Jada continued by saying, “This is what I’m talking about. I don’t see her a lot, but she’s my girl.”
Sometimes being a good friend is just standing by showing support. Nice move Queen Latifah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment