March 10, 2010

“Spartacus” Star Andy Whitfield Has Cancer

Damn. I haven’t even started watching this show yet. I keep seeing the teasers and it looks hot. Really hot. But The Real Housewives of New York just started and I’m so deep into Kell on Earth that I feel like I’m have an anxiety attack along with Stephanie Skinner. Not to mention I’m two weeks behind on Project Runway. Now I feel really obligated to add this show to my DVR list.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.

The one-year relative survival rate for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is 70 percent, and the five-year survival rate is 51 percent.

spartacus-andy-whitfield-4

0 comments:

Post a Comment