January 11, 2011

Michael Douglas Declares: I've Beaten Cancer!

Following what he describes as a "wild six-month ride," Michael Douglas delivered wonderful news to Matt Lauer this week: his tumor is gone!

The veteran actor was diagnosed with throat cancer in August. He underwent weeks of radiation and chemotherapy and tells Lauer, in an interview that will air tomorrow morning, "the tumor is gone."

Michael Douglas on Today

"The odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat," says the actor.

Douglas will still have to see the doctor on a monthly basis, but says his appetite is back and he's gradually gaining the weight he lost during his illness. What has he learned/experienced?

"All of a sudden the affection from my family, from my friends, and from my fans hit me at a much deeper level than I would have ever imagined before. And it gave me a really new appreciation of just how valuable, how precious good friends are and family."

0 comments:

Post a Comment