February 12, 2010

Kara DioGuardi in Maxim: Hot or Not?

There's little question that Kara DioGuardi is annoying on American Idol.

She comes across as cocky and condescending, taking extreme offense any time Simon makes a dig in her direction and somehow managing to be neither reassuring to the contestants nor especially criticial. She doesn't even have a Randy Jackson, dawg-like catchphrase.

But there is one debate regarding this singer/songwriter: Is she attractive?

We wondered about this issue when DioGuardi strutted her stuff in a bikini on last May's Idol finale. We're now forced to ponder the question again because Kara is featured on Maxim.com:

Kara

Kara in BikiniHot?Kara for MaximPretty in Maxim

During an interview with the men's magazine, DioGuardi touches on her fellow judges. A few excerpts:

On missing Paula Abdul: During the auditions, I missed her. She was so nurturing, and I try to have some of that in my critiques. I wouldn't say I have the maternal instinct that she had, though. I'm a little bit more New York, a little more hard-edge.

On Simon leaving the show: All I can say is the guy can do things not many folks can get away with, and people like when someone is true to himself.

On the addition of Ellen DeGeneres: I was like, "Rock on!" Are you kidding? The thing with Ellen I don't think everybody understands is that she's a huge music lover. That's what you need to be on Idol.

DioGuardi stood up for Ellen yesterday, following the latter's first night as a judge. But we still come back to the pertinent topic at hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment