June 1, 2010

Bret Michaels: Why I Should Judge American Idol

Just a few weeks ago, fans were concerned that Bret Michaels might not survive a brain hemorrhage.

Now, debate has moved on to a far less important, albeit pop culturally relevant, issue: Should Michaels replace Simon Cowell as a judge on American Idol?

The rocker told concert goers in Mississippi on Friday night that he was beingconsidered for the gig. Now, in an interview with People, the former Poison singer explains why he'd be a great choice, starting with his "old-school, paying-my-dues experience."

“I used to move the pool table out of the way to play for people six nights a week, playing five sets a night, where I had to announce the dinner special. I grew up the old-fashioned way. I would have done anything to have a platform like American Idol when I was growing up," he said.

Recovering Bret

Michaels - whose reality show resume includes judging Nashville Star; sleeping with women on Rock of Love; and winning Celebrity Apprentice - also tells the magazinehe can help Idol contestants focus on the big picture.

“For a lot of these young musicians, I’d be able to give them incredibly awesome and very, very real advice. Not just the music, but their attitude and what it’s gonna take. Because everyone forgets one simple thing: Once you get chosen as the winner, you still have a big road ahead.

“I would bring my heart and my soul and amazingly honest and truthful advice. And I would tell them if I thought their chances of making it were really slim - and how to fix that. Because my chances of making it were extremely slim. It’s come from brute determination.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment