October 7, 2010

Tim Gunn Reveals: I Attempted Suicide

As one of several celebrities that is speaking out on the troubling, dangerous issue of teen bullying, Tim Gunn makes a shocking admission in the following video: he once attempted suicide.

"As a 17-year-old youth who was in quite a bit of despair, I attempted to kill myself and I'm very happy today that that attempt was unsuccessful, but at the time it's all that I could contemplate," says the Project Runway host.

Tim Gunn Pic

Gunn continued:

"I woke up the morning after taking over a hundred pills and I was in a whole other level of despair. I thought, 'I shouldn't be here. This isn't what was meant to be.' I frankly just wanted to start life all over again."

Following the tragic outbreak of young suicide this month, Gunn concludes his message with: "There are people who can help you. You cannot do this alone... It gets better, it really does."

Watch the video now:



0 comments:

Post a Comment