March 2, 2010

Katy Perry More Of A T Swizzle Than A GaGa!

wenn5429689jb.jpg

Katy Perry is gracing the cover of this month's Nylon magazine, and she not only spills the deets on her new tunes and Russell Brand, but she gives her thoughts on her partners in pop music - including GaGaloo, Ke$ha, Rihanna and Taylor Swift!!

On differentiating herself from the other pop princesses:
"You've got GaGa, who's like, from outer space; you've got Ke$ha, who's the beer-drinking, house-party girl; and then you've got Rihanna, who's transforming the urban world into her own outer space. But I feel like you're missing an Alanis Morissette, in 2010. I love how she was a voice for a lot of people who couldn't explain their feelings. But it's not like I'm not gonna compete. I love a good dose of healthy competition. It's not going to be the same that they're doing…"

On how she's really just Taylor Swift:
"Sometimes I really feel like I'm more of a Taylor Swift. She tells stories, and I think that's why she resonates with a lot of people. She hits the hidden chord in them [where they say], 'Oh my God, I've been through that too,' or 'You said it in a way I could never explain.'"

On how she had to go through the five stages of GaGa to reach OBSESSION:
"When I heard The Fame Monster, I was like, 'What the fuck is she talking about - teeth and he ate my heart and monster and dance in the dark and shit?' I thought she was such a shock jock. Then I saw her on the American Music Awards, and I was like, 'You're an animal of another kind, and we need you!' She's amazing. She's an entertainer, a visual arts. And her lyrics do mean things when you actually break them down."

On her British boo:
"Love has really affected [my songwriting]. I know how to handle a man now. So it's talking about the love rather than, you know, being annoyed with boys. He's like Jim Morrison meets Charles Manson meets Jesus meets a little bit of Elvis. He's a walking genius. Just standing next to him makes me smarter. He's good for me. He's not a pussy in any way, shape or form. He's the boss; he calls the shots. But I like that. I've been waiting for someone I couldn't steamroll."

Well spoken, Mizz Perry!!

We're happy to hear you're in such a nice place romantically and creatively, and we're THRILLED to hear your new music!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment