March 4, 2010

Kendra Wilkinson Suffered From Postpartum Depression


kendrawenn2740419.jpg

Oh no! This must have been so hard for her.

Kendra Wilkinson is opening up about being a mom and the major challenge that came with it - depression. The Girls Next Door star admitted that shortly after giving birth to her first son with husband Hank Baskett, she became completely depressed. She confessed:

“I never brushed my hair, my teeth or took a shower. I looked in the mirror one day and was totally depressed … A couple of times, I even said, ‘I just have nothing to live for.’”

So sad, considering you have everything to live for, bb!

Part of the depression came from being a first time mother and not knowing what to expect, but Kendra admits that the hardest part of those first few months was moving from California to Indianapolis so hubby Hank could be closer to his team.

She explains:

“It was new to me — the snow and the cold. I love running and hiking. I had a hard time being trapped inside. I’d look outside and think how much I wished I could go to the beach again."

But Kendra confesses that the time is behind her now and with both her boys by her side, along with the rest of her family, she was able to make it through the bad times.

We're proud of you, bb! Everyone gets down, but when you get back up again, it shows the true person you are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment