March 6, 2010

Vera Farmiga Wonders if ‘Up In the Air’ Was Worth It

Although Vera Farmiga got the Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her role in “Up in the Air”, she can’t help but wonder if it was worth it. Just two weeks prior to the start of the film’s production, Vera had given birth to a baby boy named Flynn. Vera had to make the tough decision to leave her newborn and work on the role, which she didn’t know then, would be a life changing one.

Of her decision Vera said, “I could never reclaim these first precious moments of maternity.[But] I needed to pay my mortgage. It wasn’t an option. I had to do the role.”

And on top of that, not only had she just given birth, but she needed to play sexy opposite George Clooney. “It was strange having to portray that frank sexuality when I did not feel sexy in the least bit,” Vera said “But that’s what I loved about [the character] . I loved how daring she was. She makes sex, on screen, fun. She was curious and was gliding through life with grace and a sense of humor, and wit and self-possession and open-heartedness and femininity and sensuality and sexuality.”

Well, the sacrifice earned you an Oscar nomination Vera. Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment